Books carry with them timeless wisdom. With poker it is slightly different, because the game is ever-evolving. Having said this, it is always useful to read about different prevalent strategies of the time. Poker isn't about following a certain set of rules, but learning different strategies and creating your own out of it. This is our list of all the poker books that you should ever need.
These are the oldest books with which most of us started our poker journey. They maybe outdated now, but there is still some timeless advice here.
- The Theory of Poker: A Professional Poker Player Teaches You How To Think Like One
- No Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice
- Phil Gordon's Little Green Book: Lessons and Teachings in No Limit Texas Hold'em
MATHS AND THEORY
Solid poker maths fundamentals are the building blocks to becoming a better poker player. And these books are the right pick.
- Poker Math That Matters
- The Mathematics of Poker
- Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
- Essential Poker Math: Fundamental No Limit Hold'em Mathematics You Need To Know
Cash games - whether 6-handed or 9-handed are the most common form of Texas No-Limit Hold'em. These books will help you master the format.
- Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em
- Harrington on Online Cash Games; 6-Max No-Limit Hold 'em
- Professional No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume I
- Playing The Player: Moving Beyond ABC Poker To Dominate Your Opponents
Tournaments are a different beast altogether from cash games. Let these books guide you.
- Kill Everyone
- Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 1: Strategic Play
At the most elite levels of poker, the slight difference between the mental strength of players can result in huge edges. These are some of the most popular books in the category.
- The Mental Game of Poker
- Elements of Poker
Everyone loves to make a big call just by looking at how the villain is acting at the table. This book is a classic in the genre.
- Caro's Book of Poker Tells
Once you've mastered the basics, get started on some advanced concepts:
- No-Limit Hold 'em For Advanced Players: Emphasis on Tough Games
- Applications of No-Limit Hold em
- Easy Game
Biographies, epic poker stories, novels - all that and more in this big list of all the general books on poker:
- The Banker, Professor, Suicide King
- Fools Die
- One of a kind: the rise and fall of Stu Unger
- The man with the $100,000 breasts
- Molly's Game
- Shut up and deal
- King of a small world
- Blood Aces - the story of Benny Binion / WSOP founder
- The Picasso Flop
- Positively fifth street
- Poker Nation
- Straight Flush
Did we miss any important book? Let us know in the comments below and we will add it to the list.