Last week, we announced that 9stacks has raised 28 crore INR in a Series A Funding Round. The round was led by WaterBridge Ventures and included Astarc Ventures, Vinay Mittal, and our existing pool of angel investors.
For me, two things made this round special:
This is the first Series A raised by any Indian online poker company - a real vote of confidence in our team and the systems and processes we’ve put in place.
Many of our initial angel investors participated in this round again! Usually startups don’t expect angels to invest in subsequent rounds, but we were pleasantly surprised to see the strong interest from our early backers. Here’s hoping to generate stellar returns for them in the years ahead!
We had started 9stacks last year aiming to provide an authentic, transparent and simple online poker experience, which would make poker a fun sport for everyone. Along the way, we introduced many innovations to the Indian poker industry:
- The Dual Wallet system which soon became an industry benchmark
- Our loyalty points - StackUp points - which offer super value to regular players
- Sending 25 people to Vegas!
- Our promotions and tournaments like Goal Digger, Tournament Milestone, Rush, Texasmash, Stack Wars, Peti@FT, etc which the poker community has appreciated, and have been hugely successful.
- All day time cash-outs within 2 hours, 365 days a year! And all night cashouts by the next morning. And all these cashouts happen after full fraud detection, thanks to automation and machine learning.
- Last but not the least, we launched the Skills Dashboard, which is India’s first and only analytics tool to make YOU a better poker player. (Do try it if you haven’t yet - and yes, we’ll keep adding features to that as well!)
We have tried to break barriers and fight stereotypes at every step, be it encouraging women vociferously in the field of poker, or building a fully automated, data driven platform with one of the safest and fastest cash out processes in the industry today.
And I’m glad we’ve been able to build a great team along the way!
It’s been a good year, and we look forward to more fun and games (of poker) ahead!